Saturday, February 09, 2008

Memory lane

Just sat for a bit and read through the blog. Geez there is some rubbish on here. You would think, posting it out there for anyone to read, that I would be a little more careful with what I wrote, but nope, not really. There are bits when I'm mad, bit where I happy, mostly bits where it's really late at night and I am sitting around with my laptop for a bit before I go to bed. Weird hey? Like, imagine what our grandparents generation would think of that.

When Elissa went on exchange we used to write her letters and we were able to call only once a month. When Carly went, we used to log on to check the family email account twice a week, then, secretly, I set up my own account (imagine that!) so that I could speak to Pees with mumbles reading. When I went to Brazil we spoke once a week, and emailed almost daily when I was living in my second house there. Now, you just get on skype, enable webcam and you talk for free.

Sometimes I worry that all of this is going to leave me behind soon... Maybe it has, maybe no one blogs any more, and this is one of the things of old. I mean, I can't even get the DVD player to work. If I match up the coloured cables and it doesn't play on the screen, what do I do then?? My husband, who ever he may be, would want to be good at that sort of stuff. There are other talents I have that I cna bring to the relationship. I make good tea. Last week we learnt how to make Peach Jam and a little more interestingly Peach Schnapps.

Anyway, before I digress too much, things have changed. And I was just sitting around wondering at what point I would stop changing and moving with what was happening, or maybe if I had already and just not noticed. Maybe that's what happens to all of us.

No comments: