Monday, June 11, 2007

AFRICA!

I am going to Africa tomorrow!! Can you believe it?? Maybe you can actually. Maybe this is what happens, you book a trip, and then the time passes and you go. Maybe that is exactly what I should have been expecting, but somehow, I on the other hand, can't believe it is happening.

This is like a dream holiday. There is nothing that I am not doing, no place that I wanted to see (on this trip anyway) that I am not going to see. I honestly walked into the travel agency and gave the man my dream list, and he put together the most complex itinerary I've ever seen. I am going to cross the equator 4 times! 4!

Em asked me the other day what the first thing I wanted to do in London was... first I was thinking about going into Piccadilly, but really, what is a place? To be honest, the first thing I want to do is find all the amazing people I did life with, I want to find them and hug them, and then drink a lot of coffee while we catch up on what has happened over the past 12 months. Not just in London though, that's the awesome thing. I am so excited to be able to go and see all the people that have made such a difference in my life. Brazil, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, London, Sweden. How small is this world getting!

It's only really been over the past couple of days that I have started thinking about the fact that I am actually leaving as well as going, if that makes sense. Sydney has been an amazing place to live, and there is so much that I have learnt, so many amazing people I have met, I have been able to work in a great job with some awesome people. It's been awesome.

We have been asked to bring our own condiments to the project in Uganda, so I must away to Coles to get me some vegimite. :-)

I am going to be in Africa for the next 6 weeks, and am not sure how much access I am going to have to the net. I am definately planning on taking a LOT of photos, which I should be able to upload as I go, failing that, I will be sure to post them when I get to London.

Take care of yourselves, be safe, look after each other, that's the key.

xxo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - you'll be SOOOOO proud of me. I unconverted the Chinese so now I can FINALLY read your blog. Incredible - I simply don't know how I do it sometimes.........

If you meet a little girl in Uganda called Mbambu (but it could also be Nevalesi - I'm may have her name around the wrong way)give her one serious hug from me - she's mine!!!

Miss you already. Look forward to your updates and your postcards (hint, hint).
D

Anonymous said...

lady... im so excited for you to start your journey.... and even more pumped about you arriving here in sept.. its gonna be great! i'm just gonna go ahead and plan our week here... im sure we will chat before then. love you and take care!

Anonymous said...

I hope you won't be too tired on the 1st August (Yorkshire Day!!!). If you get involved in a full peal, you'll be looking at 5040 dings (and dongs depending on the bells!) and that's a minimum!!

See you then!!