Wednesday, July 25, 2007

South Africa!

Feels a bit funny writing about SA since I am in Sweden, but the internet hasn´t been so easy to come across. We had the most fantastic time in SA. That is one amazing country. Sometimes if you were to forget yourself you could easily think that you were in OZ, the countryside looked that similar. But then, the "Yah's" would start, and you definately know where you are :-)

We spent the first week in Pretoria with Nandi and her amazing family. It was so cool, South Africa hospitality is something that I think we aussies have a bit to learn from. They were amazing. From here we went on Safari to Pilansberg. We were so blessed, and saw everything SO close.


Then Ringo and I hit the road, and went to visit Heather in Pietermartizberg (questionable spelling on that one). Turns out that Corinne had met some of the most amazing people ever while I was in AU, Heather and Caroline are definately some of my favourites. From there we travelled down the coast to the Cape.


I took thousands of rock and sunset photos on the way, but I won´t bore you with all of them (maybe just one coz Ican´t resist), generally the trip was fantastic. In other good news my AU phone seems to be working again, there weren´t any texts waiting for me, so it seems everything that i was sent in the last 6 weeks has disappeared into the unknown.. so sorry if anyone has been trying to get in touch with me and I have not been responding..


I've been in London for a few days, and have SO enjoyed seeing everyone. I keep thinking that I want to move here again, but need to keep reminding myself that I am here while it is summer and I am on holidays, what this is is not the norm. Winter would come :-)

It has been an amazing trip, and I just canät seem to get my head around all that I have seen, but then I am not actually sure that I ever will. Will update again soon hopefully, take care of yourselves and each other, love ya!

2 comments:

Clovergirl said...

Saaaaaarrraaaaahhhhh!!!! Hurray! Good to see some pics! But.... but... where are the pics of Marcia and Jenny? And of our Em and her UndieJ?
More pics of rocks and sunserts also please :-)
I hope the 'care package' reached you safely, I did instruct YB not too look at it!
xx

Carlz said...

YAY Glad to here your in Sweeden, I so can't wait to talk to you all about it! The pics looks cool, your one of the only people who can be totally laden down with backpacks and still look happy!

Love you Sarahy!