Thursday, November 06, 2008

$200

It's raining in Brisbane at the moment. I watched the water slosh from side to side with each corner I turned on the way to work this morning. Full puddle this time. Looks like the Maccas cup is going to have to become a permanent safety feature again, don't want the passengers drowning now do we?

My good friend Mikey brought a car two weeks ago. Same model as mine, only better. His is 6 years younger, has power steering, air conditioning, 4 doors, no leaks, and the locks actually work. He paid $200 for that car. $200! What does that make mine worth? $40? I bought a dress on the weekend that only cost that much! Surely a car is worth more? Isn't it?

To top it all off one of my tires has decided to go flat a bit. I've had to allow an extra 5 mins to my commute so I can stop at the petrol station and put more air in it. If my car is only worth $40 surely it's not worth paying whatever it'll be to get the tyre fixed??

I feel disillusioned and upset. I love my car. How could it be worth so little?? :-)

No comments: