Sunday, December 03, 2006

Pinch and a Punch for the First of the Month

The whole pinch and punch on the first of the month thing has been a bit of a tradition with my dad for a long time. It tends to go in seasons, and at the moment it's all on. This month, I won! Again!

I love it.

I have been accused of cheating sometimes, on two counts:
1. I do it via text
2. It's not always the first of the month when I am getting everyone in England.

Because this is my blog, and I am allowed to, I would like to support my own argument..

In the first case, if I could afford to fly to London / Melbourne / Brisbane and get you all I would, I can't, so I resort to texting. I would imagine that getting someone via text would be a lot better than via email, so I don't understand what the problem is. 'This is the new generation man...'

Secondly, I think it totally applies to the time zone that you are in, how can I help it if the English are slow?

Rinnie and I did a bit of investigation.. Turns out that they don't do this in Canada, nor Brazil, nor America. As far as I can tell they do do it in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, England and all other cool places.. Why wouldn't you take the opportunity to smack someone once a month?? Keeps life interesting I say..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

because we are nice people and dont like to hurt one another.. why inflict pain on some one really, might as well punch them and give them a black eye or something ;)

Clovergirl said...

Kim - you took the words right out of my mouth!

Well, Sarah, you left yourself wide open mate ;-)