Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Not much..

You know when you feel like posting something, but there is really nothing to say.. so you wait a few days, hoping the feeling goes away, then it doesn't. You know that you should wait, until something exciting has happened, something even remotely interesting...

But nothing has. Well not true, exciting things have happened this week at least they're exciting in my mind. It's all about perspective I guess.

I slept 9 hours last night. That's right, 9! I even went to work late.. Usually I get there at about 7.20, not today, 9am I arrived. Cruised on it, put my bag down, and went and made myself a cup of tea, just like that.

I was excited. But it's not really blog worthy.

They're funny things blogs. I often wondered why I write one.. Why I keep it updated.. I think Bron and I kinda made a point a few weeks ago, I know what is happening in her life, and she knows where I'm at.. But then other people, non-blog people, some of them I have lost. So do I write this to keep people up to date with what is happening in my life? If so there is a lot more that should be going in here I guess, but who wants to read a fact file?

So I write about whatever. Most times I write about nothing. Who even reads this thing anyway??

I was chatting with Elissa the other day and she told me that she read it. Well I had no idea. I don't know why I didn't think that she would, but I am really glad she does. Hi Lis!

I've realised that you can't think about that one too much. It's dangerous. Think too much about who reads these things and you end up writing nothing. "What will people think???" honestly, I am just beginning to get to the point where I really don't care.

I remember Gary said something like that once, and it totally took me by surprise. I remember thinking, 'but he is the pastor, he is supposed to care about what we think, and then make changes to accommodate'.. talk about off the mark...
1 Cor 4:3 says "It matters very little what you or anyone else thinks.. The Lord Himself will examine me and decide."

Now that's a cool thought, esp since I know what He thinks of me.

Was chatting to Adam just now about this, now fair call, I have a gnome tattooed on my back, and fair call I punched my flat mate, but this is who I am. I know that deep down somewhere Addy loves the fact that I'm not "normal".. hey ads?

Am reading this book by Holly Wagner at the moment, it's called God Chicks, so far it is talking about being a 'b u chick'. It's good, but dangerous. At the moment I live in a house with a whole bunch of girls who are all about being themselves, and it gets kinda wild. I love it. There is something awesome about not knowing what is going to happen, and know that whatever does happen you are going to be laughing about it for ever.

So there you have it. A long (possibly the longest yet) post about nothing. I think this is going to become my new theme. Unless of course Addy and I win another ham at the RSL tomorrow for his Bday. Then we'll be straight back to the news..

6 comments:

Rinnie-Jo said...

I love you Sarah... just as you are.

Unknown said...

Hey, I read you blog. :)
And I like your blog. :)
I wonder about that too, you know. But at least I have one VERY faithful reader- Amy always comes to the rescue at the right time. You gotta love it.

Clovergirl said...

Yeah! I get a shout out on someone else's blog!!

If you don't post for any other reason, post for this: I think you're fantastic and I check your blog several times a day! Even if I'm just rereading the current plosts and there's no new ones. I'm so keen for more brilliance. I read that "we're just about to woop England" post about 50 million times, it made me laugh so much! I check everyone's blogs! Just in case!

I'm a blogaholic!

Clovergirl said...

Hee hee I said plosts :-)

I meant posts, but that was kind of amusing!

Bron said...

you know sometimes I kinda wished no-one read my blog (that is not a hint please do keep reading it) but I sometimes think it would be nice to have somewhere totally annonamous to express things that you find hard to express else-where. I totally started my blog so that I wouldn't have to write a thousand e-mails to everyone but non of those people read the blog, so now I guess it's kinda like a diary....something for me to look back on in years to come to remind me of what a freak I was!!!!

Sare said...

Now there is an interesting thought. Imagine our kids reading all this??!!

And I go on at Mum saying she's a dork..