Tuesday, March 13, 2007

One way to get on the radio...

I WAS ON THE RADIO THIS AFTERNOON!!!!

It went something like this:
There is a car broken down just outside of the Eastern Distrubuter in the middle of the three lanes of racing traffic. Cars are back up to the other side of Sydney, and the girl / damsel in the car is looking decidedly stressed. In other news...

It was eventful, that much is sure. Luckily the lovely Easter Distributer Emergency crew man came to help me. He took Clemmy for a ride to the Shell where the lovely NRMA man came and got the show back on the road so to speak. And then.. to top it all off, the lovely Amy lady came to rescue me at the Shell.. and it was a proper rescue too... wallet rescue as well as a chocolate fix! that's the sign of a true friend!!

There was one really good thing that came out of tonight. I took advantage of the knowledge of the NRMA man and showed him the bit that had been in the back of my car since i found it under the bonnet a few weeks back and guess what?!??!? It is just a spare. Aparently it is a fan belt, and he said that there was definately one there already. So winner! It's all ok!

God Bless the Eastern Distributer Emergency Care man! God Bless the NRMA man! and God Bless AmyLou!

4 comments:

Clovergirl said...

And God Bless YB for giving us the chocolate - HURRAH!

Sarah I should point out though that we are now even stevens, as it was only a fortnight ago that you had to do a wallet (and iPod!) rescue for me at a petrol station!

Damsels in distress indeed... ;-)

Anonymous said...

"Easter Distributer Emergency crew" Is that like when you've not been given any Easter eggs and someone comes round just in the nick of time so you don't feel left out? I like that idea! (not having had an Easter egg in about 5 years - maybe I need to go home for Easter, hmmm, a few thousand miles too far this year though!)

BTW you are scarily reminding me of the old joke about the woman who needed a new "710" cap for her car. Turned out she needed a new "OIL" filler cap. In the UK now in the driving test you have to be able to identify things under the bonnet beyond "engine". This a good move I think.

I bet it wasn't Whittaker's chocolate was it, like what I'm eating right now?! Hehe!!

Blessings

Chris

Clovergirl said...

Easter Distributor... hehehe :-)

Anonymous said...

I hear it WAS Whittaker's chocolate. I suppose I'll need to bring twice as much back this time!