Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cheap as mate!




We discovered the wonder of the Maroubra Seals Club on Sunday night. It's 5 mins walk from my house, and on a Sunday night, they do dinner for $5.50.. beer costs $2.. and there is an all-you-can-eat salad bar (it should be said that you do need to be quite brave to try this one.. we're still trying to distinguish the ingredients..)

But wait, there's more. On Monday to Wednesday dinner only cost $4!! That's right, your heard it, $4. I will cook no more! Seriously though, I was doing some groceries last night (turns out I forgot about a million things in the late night run on Friday - Education tick) and figured that I would cost me more to get the ingredients for dinner than it would to go to the RSL-MATE (Sorry, really having trouble saying RLS without throwing a MAAATE on the end.. )

So I wear my pluggers (flip flops for you non-aussies) ripped jeans, and big hoodie and am totally over dressed! Love it. I'll be there every Monday night if anyone ever wants to come to dinner?? It's awesome hey mate!

5 comments:

Clovergirl said...

FOUR BUCKS?? Count me in! I don't have any thongs though, will I be allowed in? I can add the word mate to the end of every sentence, mate!

Clovergirl said...

It still says '0 COMMENTS'. Does my comment not count??

Coop said...

Monday nights at the rissole eh. Could be on to something there Sez. .... .... Maaaaate.

Sare said...

Done.. See you there on Monday ads??

Coop said...

A thousand apologies for forgetting the plan my lil sis. I would say we are now officially even. Which sucks, cause I quite enjoyed giving you grief about forgetting about my BBQ. Oh well,"say lay vie". (Yes i'm aware that it's mis-spelt, I'm being ocker, mate)