Friday, September 29, 2006

Shame..

I became a member of the Maroubra RSL last night... Is that ok?? I'm only 23.

But I hear it calling all the time.. about every time when I'm on the bus on the way home from work and I start thinking about what I am going to cook for dinner, I hear this voice, just a whisper.. so I follow, and I eat at the RSL instead.. at least once a week at the moment.. last week twice...

There was a live band there last night, and a meat tray raffle.. I mean, who knew that they still did that??!!

I asked one of the guys what the salad was made of, he said he didn't know as he threw the remains of the sloppish white stuff into his trolley and left.. So if they don't know.. how will I ever??? But maybe that's ok, maybe I just need to have a little more faith..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*rox shakes her head and sighs* More Aussie by the day Sez, more and more Aussie by the day...

Coop said...

Well matey, I feel that you have become one of the many that have fallen to the temptation of the cheap food/grog of the good ol' aussie risole. Beer at genuine 1983 prices. The $5 Steak dinner, WITH SALAD BAR. And of course the old diggers, who have endless stories about how much easier/simpler things were when they were our age.

And don't fret too much about being a member at the very youthful age of 23. I was a member (although quite unintentionally) at the age of 21.

One day we'll head down there before 6pm. Then you can hear the "last call". If you're at the right place it's quite moving, cause most of the old diggers were in WW2, and they lost quite a few mates. I found it very strange to be so moved by seeing an 80 year old bloke cry.

But it's not all gloom. IF you sit down and chat to em, they have some great storiees about what they used to get up to, and most (but not all) are quite PG rated.

Anyhow, I'm off. Talk to you soon sweaty. =P

- Ad.