Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sliding Doors

So this weekend is Hillsong Conference Europe. The first one ever. How totally exciting.

It also marks the intended date of my return to the UK. I had said that I was going to be back to host conference...

"And now I have a word for you who brashly announce, 'Today - at the latest tomorrow - we're off to such and such a city for the year. We're going to make a business and make a lot of money.' You don't know the fist thing about tomorrow.... Instead, make it a habit to say, 'If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that."
1 John 4 msg

And Proverbs 19:21 says "Many are the plans of a man's heart, but its the Lord's will the prevails."

Guess that's it. Still miss London, a lot sometime, definitely miss all my friends there. But this is where I am, and amazing things are going on here. This plan is far better than my original plan. Hurts to say, but it's true.

Someone asked me the other day how my friends felt about the fact that I wasn't coming back. To tell you the truth I had never asked. There wasn't much that any of us could do about it. Most of my friends didn't ask me how I felt about staying in Australia. There was more an underlying understanding that this was outside of the 'plan' and that God was moving things around to suit His plan.

How great to have friends like that. Yeah we miss each other, but what an amazing support! I know that they know that I would have loved to have stayed. And I know that they know that this is the place for me at the moment.

1 Cor 7 : 17
"And don't be wishing you were someplace else, or with someone else, where you are right now is God's place for you. Live, love, obey and believe right there."

It's good sometimes to stop and take a look at where life would be if we would have gone down the different path.. come home an hour earlier to find our husband in bed with someone else! ok, so that was the movie, but you get the point.

Each decision takes us somewhere. Each one is important. But that being said, even if we make the 'wrong' choice we'll still be learning and growing, and that ultimately is what it is all about.

I love the quote that Kimbo has on her myspace "Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there!" Awesome. And so true.

Sometimes it's good to just stop and think. I remember one time when we were moving as kids, I must have been about 5 and Dad was in the back of this big truck moving the fridge or something big and heavy. It was in the middle of a Brisbane summer, where it's like 35 degrees and you sweat the moment you step out of bed.. Dad was moving this thing, and then he just stopped, and sat down. I asked him what he was doing, we still had stuff to move. He turned to me and said, sometimes you need to sit and think, and sometimes you just need to sit.

No idea why that comment has stuck with me for so long, but it has. Guess today is a sit and think time... Just sit times are good too. And coming from London, it's been a challenge learning how to do it again. But it's happening, and it's good.

Am going to go down to the beach and go for a swim and just sit for a bit.

3 comments:

Coop said...

Wow sez, you're getting deep in your (not very) old age.

Carlz said...

You are so like Dad!

Clovergirl said...

I think you just got comment spammed Sez!
Let's just sit and think about THAT for a moment huh!