Sunday, May 06, 2007

Candid Camera

I was walking down to get some fresh bread yesterday morning, and was thinking about how long I have been living here, and how little I knew about the local area. So we went to have a look around, and found the most amazing beach ever. It's tucked away in Port Botany, there were the upside-down trees, white sand, shells, clear water, planes flying close in over head coming into land, massive big ships, a port with big container things and cranes, and a pelican, all within a 50 meter radius. It was all a bit random, but awesome at the same time.

Last weekend my mum came to visit. It was so good to see her. I was feeling all proud of myself yesterday, as it had only taken me a week to get all the photos to her. Problem is, there were two photos of mum, 5 photos of me, and about 25 photos of the giraffes at the zoo. I really do like giraffes, but I like mum more :-)

I have this crazy tendency to get a little obsessed with things, and then take 1000 photos of that, and nothing of anything else. Like when we went to beach yesterday, I took 10 photos of this shell I like, and none of me, and just one of Em.

I am about to go on this massive trip, and I can just see me coming home with 100's of photos of trees or sunrises, and like none of my sponsor child, or all the friends that I am going to visit.

It was awesome when Kim was here, we would go somewhere, we'd come home, me with 20 photos of a rock or something, and her with all these great shots of us and the people we were hanging out with, as well a one or two of the rock.

Not sure where I am going with this, but I guess I am asking for help. When I see y'all on the trip, and get all interested in something on the ground, could you all please gentle tap me on the shoulder and remind me that in a few years when I go to look back on all these trips, the thing that I am going to want to remember most is all of you, and not the grass, lovely as it may be. :-)

All that being said, I did get some good shots of the giraffes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh there will be pictures alright.. dont you worry about that.. when you come to saskatchewan.. and we head out to moose jaw... oh yes.. i can hardly comtain myself thinking about it.. btw one of my clients was telling me about this place in moose jaw that does hour long scalp massages.. sounds awesome.. wanna try it out? I so am planning our time together already.. its gonna be amazing!

Anonymous said...

you're a dag... kim.. I think you're a dag too! But oh how I love you both! :)