Sunday, May 13, 2007

Compassion

I got my sponsor magazine from Compassion yesterday.

This was the photo of the little guy on the front



Is he not the cutest thing that you have ever seen?!

Brian gave the most amazing message last night, it was all about what he called the Justice Generation. I was so inspired, so encouraged.

In an month from yesterday I am going to meet my little compassion child, his name is Thembo. I keep finding myself trying to imagine what kind of a life he lives, what his house looks like, what his parents are like, his brothers and sisters, his friends, his school, everything. To be honest I don't think the picture I am coming up with is going to be even remotely accurate.

I am being asked a lot what I am going to do when I come back from this trip, where I am going to live, what job I am going to have, and if I am going to finally go and finish / start my education. These are all really good questions, but also questions that I really don't want to answer. I don't want to lock myself into something now that I am going to feel obligated to complete when I come back. I want this trip to change my view on things, I don't want to come back the same. I want to learn, I want to grow, I want to be even more inspired that ever to make a difference in the world I live in. I have no idea how that is going to be outworked, but I do believe that if you ask for a heart for injustice, if you ask for eyes to see what is going on in the world, it will be given to you, and that can only be a good thing.

1 comment:

Bron said...

thanks for the message girl.
Can't wait to see you
xxxxx