Monday, October 16, 2006

Hullabaloo to end all Hullabaloos..

Who would have thought that one small post could create such an uproar!

Lesson learnt, no longer will I publicize violent acts on the internet. Although I maintain it was all solicited and therefore in essence not violent, but rather submissive!

I have spent this afternoon / evening on the phone to two amazing friends from London. What a fantastic way to spend the arvo. Got to love it when you can not speak to someone for 6 months, and then just pick up the phone and start right off as if you had never stopped!

Speaking of friends.. am totally excited! Kimbo is coming, and will be here 15 days!!! which means that I got to Brisvegas in 12 days! Which means that I will have my car in Sydney in 20 days! Which means that I will half my trip to church, but more importantly... have some where to sing loudly.

Seriously, flatting with people it's not easy. Where can you sing??? not in the shower, there is too much of an echo, (my singing sounds best when it cannot be heard), not while on your run in the morning (I look crazy enough with the wild hair, let alone the crazy-can't-hardly-breathe-singing) and not while watch idol. I thought the last would be ok, but aparently it's not. So if not here then where??

The answer is in the car, roll down the window, fly down the highway - ok, so in Clemmy (Pees named the car Celmentine in a moment of weakness) in Clemmy it will be more of a roll down the highway and hope for the best.. But Kimbo and I are about to embark on an amazing road trip - my first ever - and I am sooooo excited!

2 comments:

Clovergirl said...

I have to agree that the car is the best place for singing! But I have to leave the window up - I'm a considerate soul, and don't want my bad singing to punish innocent bystanders.
One of my favourite songs for singing loudly is a Judy Garland song called 'If you feel like singing, sing.' It's a classic! Best lines: "Tell your friends to go places if they start making faces/ Don't move out of your dwelling if your neighbours start yelling, if you can't sing good sing soft."
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/summerstock/ifyoufeellikesingingsing.htm

Clovergirl said...

Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval. (Well I hope so, it stole my last comment never to be seen again!)