Sunday, October 08, 2006

Umm...

Am watching Super Size Me at the
moment. I have been meaning to watch it for ages. Very scary.
Have you seen the size of the Super Size Fries???


Am going to leave the full rant to Adam, he does it so well. But just wanted to put my word out there. It's scary. And I pray Australia doesn't go down the same road.

I have been reading The Makers Diet, a book which talks about going back to organics. Although I must admit I did sit on the bus the other day reading this book while eating chocolate bullets... It felt wrong...

Reading this book you realise how little food we eat that isn't actually processed. I, like Pees, have been inspired to eat more fruit and fresh veg. But then when you think about it, most of that isn't organic anyway. Look at the tomatoes you can buy at Coles. So if the fresh fruit and veg isn't right anymore.. then what is ok?

A friend of mine went on a diet a while ago where they are no food that contained numbers in the ingredients. It's tough. There's not so much out there anymore. No milk, no cheese, no cereal, no bread, no juice, definitely no lollies, no spreads, nothing. Just fruit and veg (and they get their numbers before they hit the plate).

The photos have no link to this post, and serve no real purpose other than to try and make the page a little less black, and the post a little less depressing. It worked for me.. guess it's kinda easy to put something bright on the packaging to make the contents look better.

1 comment:

Coop said...

I haven't actually seen super size me (I spent the majority of last night in the pool drinking beer with some mates) but it's funny you brought this up. This morning at work, one of the girls was talking about how paranoid she is now about eating anything with "trans fats" in it. And you're right sarah, I've already begun thinking about my rant.