Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fishes...

There has been a bit of slackness in the camp over the last few weeks, and there hasn't been much running going on. Last Monday I went for a run and nearly killed my self..

Actually, let me digress for a second... I was chatting with Kimbo and Clare last night, and they both said that they don't get heart attack when they run.. but I'm sure it can't just be me.. It's like a stitch, but in your heart. There is like this stabbing pain in your chest area and you feel like your heart is beating double time.. I'm sure it's not just me.. I haven't smoked in ages, and I don't think I could be still suffering the effects.. anyone else get heart attack?? Ever??

Anyway, back to the point. I decided yesterday that I really don't like running much, which is probably why I don't go so much. So I am going to take up swimming again.

I went yesterday afternoon to the ocean pool near my house. It was amazing. I've been swimming in there a few times, but never with goggles on. There is a whole little world under there.. even fishies! (Kimbo, they are small and totally 100% harmless:)

The only problem I found was that without the lines on the bottom of the pool I can't swim in a straight line! Now it doesn't help that there are these crazy waves crashing all over the place and taking you out, or that you are totally distracted by the life under the sea, but who would have thought those lines made any difference???

I was all over the place, swimming into the walls and taking people out.. Who would have thought swimming was a contact sport?

So expect a brown, fit me when you all see me next.. (ok, for those living in Sydney, this might not be the next time you see me, maybe a few more times after that.. but there will definitely be more brown-ness, and more fitness, and hopefully some more coordination...)

1 comment:

Bron said...

don;t worry, I get heart attacks when I run. My heart is so surprised by the random activity that it totally freaks out...."what r you doing.....no STOP" (thats my heart freaking out)