Thursday, July 13, 2006

Generosity?

As I was standing at the bus stop this morning a man in a purple car, with purple interior and a red beret stopped and asked me if I would like a lift to the Junction. Now while that was where I was heading, and the buses are stupidly irregular, for some reason I just didn't feel right getting in... was he just being generous? Are we becoming too skeptical for our own good? Can you really trust a man who likes purple that much? I took the bus, and instead listened to two old women yell at each other (not through anger, just mutual deafness) about which stop they were going to get off at. Maybe we should all learn sign at school, at least then when we are all deaf we will be able to let other public transport users go in peace...

Interesting travel experiences are becoming a bit of a theme for me at the moment, last night on my way home I tried to hail a cab, and was getting quite annoyed when one driving passed slowed down to look at me but didn't stop, I mean, I wasn't wearing all purple, I looked quite normal, was wearing the traditional interview suit (maybe it was the ugly bag.. ??? hmmm.. hadn't thought of that one..) but as the car drove passed it all became clear.. this was no cab, oh no, I my infinite wisdom I was attempting to hail a NRMA truck (Roadside assistance for those not from Oz)... If this is what happens when I have my glasses on what hope is there really??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey- Not fair! You can't link to my blog and not let me link to yours! :)
Sounds lilke you're having a laugh though...
Purple car, purple interior... I probably wouldn't have got in either!

Clovergirl said...

Although if it was a PINK car w/ pink interior then you know there would have been no question!