Saturday, January 13, 2007

Gross.. Seriously Gross

So last night I went to bed at about 3 in the end.. and for me, that is unusually late. I am the kind of loose-it-when-it-gets-past-midnight kinda girl normally. So when I got into my room last night there was a fly and a cockroach. I considered being proactive and catching them, but decided that it wasn't really fair, they had been there first. And the fly would be alright, at least it wasn't a mosquito, and the cockroach - well I was on a bed, and it's not like they can climb up and get me.


Wrong. I was so wrong.


I was lying there about half an hour later still not able to sleep and then all the sudden i felt something on the back of my neck. I slapped around like an idiot, and then ran to turn the light on. There it was. This massive roach on my pillow! How gross is that. It was in my bed! It was on my while i was half asleep. Amy was talking about that whole you eat 8 spiders in a life time thing a while ago... and you're right, I don't know how they count, and I don't know if it is true. But imagine if this thing would have climbed in my mouth!


Who knew that cockroaches can climb walls?????? I am not sure that I feel very safe anymore. You had better believe there is going to be a nightly check going, and there is going to be no sharing anymore, I don't care who was there first. I pay the rent. And I do not want to share my bed with any insect, ever again.


You're out buddy. Gone.

2 comments:

Clovergirl said...

SARAH!! I am totally against that statistic of eating 8 spiders in your lifetime or whatever it is! I maintain that there is NO WAY anyone can back that up!

Coop said...

I would suggest that it is possible you may eat 8 spiders in your life-time, however I should think it would be a conscious decision, rather than something you would do in your sleep....