Monday, January 15, 2007

Moving House..

So the time has come for me to leave the beach-side resort. It has been a good season. Lots of laughs, parties, slurpies and sunburn. I am currently having much dificulty bending my knees due to exccessive back-of-knee-burning (I've got nothing on your story though Clare, you win that one hands down!)

There is a lot to do when you move. Packing, organising, looking for houses, trying out the locals of the places you are considering, asking important questions, is there a local Bistro? Can we get a $5 meal? And for me, the big big one is, can I walk to the bakery?

When I wake up on a saturday morning I want to me able to walk, or scoot (on my new ELECTRIC SCOOTER), to the bakery. I want to be able to get there in that semi-waken state, with sleep still in the eyes, so I can come back home, make multiple cups of tea, and eat fresh fresh bread with vegimite and butter all without really waking up. That is life.

Anyway, please excuse me, I digress.

This moving out has forced me into action. I took down the fairy lights which i had been in the tree for the last few months, I walked around the house collecting all the Candy Canes I had hung like stockings with care, I even considered hoovering.

But the biggest problem so far has been the cupboard. There is so much random stuff in there. I really don't like moving food. Last time Rinnie and I moved it was a nightmare. Rinnie, Pees and mum got on the tube so heavy laden with stuff (I was forced to ride in the car, someone had to:-) and I blame most of the excessive weight on food.

So this time I have decided to eat my way through it. But it leads to some very 'interesting' combinations. Tonight for example, I had fish with garlic sauce, M&M's and a glass of coke for dinner. There has been excessive custard consumption going on also since we kinda over catered at the Orphans Christmas.

Is it good for me??? Well, who knows. But is it good eating?? For sure. Mum used to say that when I lived under her roof I was going to have to live by her rules. I used to tell her when I lived by myself I was going to eat chocolate for dinner. Never actually thought I would though... ahh well, desperate times, desperate measures :-)

No comments: