Sunday, June 11, 2006

Long Weekends...

This weekend marked my 1st long weekend back in the land of Oz. When presented with the delightful news my first reaction was to get busy planning how I was going to spend the three days away from work. But thinking about it, I decided that the best plan was to have no plan.

And apart from keeping a few major commitments I was just going to do what I felt like doing.
I know that this might not sound like a novel concept to some, but for a long time now I have been used to planning every hour, and it has been wonderful to just play things by ear.

I can't say how good it has been to be back in the same city as my family (well, most of them anyway). It's just awesome to be able to flow from one family gathering to another. My latest decision is that my family is cool. Profound, I know.

I have also realized recently that I only have another 2 weekends left in Brisbane, so suddenly I am faced with the thought of packing again! Luckily that by now I have moved so many times that I don't actually own that much anymore!

Enough random thoughts for now. Love to all!

No comments: