Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Melbourne

I had thought, that having spent the last 2 years in London I would be a little better prepared for the cold of Melbourne. It was rubbish, this place is freezing. I don't know if it is the single glazing, the lack of central heating, or the fact that until yesterday I didn't own any closed in shoes, but each day I find myself lovingly hugging the bar heater, while dressed in 3 pairs of socks, flannel PJ's, 2 shirts, 1 jumper and my multi-coloured beanie lovingly chosen by Ringo's parents. Needless to say I'm the best dressed kid on the block, but who cares, it's freezing!

Turns out Melbourne is kinda cool. On Monday I went exploring, while I carried a map for extreme circumstances, I maintained my theory or always turn left and managed to discover some cool stuff.

There was this one bike store I went into where the guy started telling me about his plans to take his girlfriend to Tangalooma where he was going to propose. Weird that he would choose to share, the whole story took about 20 mins. Guess it was a lonely place to work...

Aside from that I went with Pees to listen to her talk about water samples. Also very interesting, who would have thought there was so much to say about water??

Going this arvo to see some beach somewhere, (please excuse the lack of detail, that's never really been my strong point!) ;-) which should be great as it's almost 8 degrees, so it should be a lovely day to get some sun! Will let you know.

4 comments:

Rinnie-Jo said...

Yay for the multi-coloured beanie! Mum and Dad will be so proud!
Miss you chicks! xox

foxy_roxtar said...

Could it have been St Kilda beach? Hehe, you make me laugh.

Bron said...

missing you more than ever....feels like I'm actually talking to you when I read your blog....good blogging

Sare said...

Cute Rox.. but know.. this beach was far more exotic! ;-)
and Bron.. I don't know what to say.. you made me blush ;-P